CURRENT VACANCIES –
GEDNEY HILL PARISH COUNCIL
E mail email@example.com
Gedney Hill Parish Council –Vacancy for Parish Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer (RFO) Gedney Hill is a small rural Parish in the South Holland District of Lincolnshire.
The Parish Council’s responsibilities include joint management of cemetery, grass cutting, village maintenance and noticeboards. The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated and efficient.
- Is able to attend Parish meetings,
- Has excellent communication and people skills, as you will need to liaise with Councillors, District and County Council representatives, members of the public and third-party organisations both written and verbally
- Has a proven record in bookkeeping and budget planning
- Is well organised and able to meet deadlines
- Is proficient with Microsoft office packages
- Is proficient with social media and IT including website updates
- Is willing to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. You will be required to attend additional evening or daytime meetings
- Is able to attend training courses or seminars on the work and role of the Clerk as required by the Council. Ideally, the successful candidate will be a qualified clerk or prepared to study for and attain the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) qualification within the first 24 months in post and be able to demonstrate knowledge of local government procedures, finance and law.
This post is subject to a 6 months probationary period. The role is for an average of 8 hours per week. Salary dependant on experience and in accordance with National pay scales. Applicants to send CV and covering letter to Chairman, Cllr Redgate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th April 2021 Interviews will take place early-March via Zoom.
FALDINGWORTH PARISH COUNCIL
Vacancy Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer – Hours (12 hours per month) – Salary: National Joint Council Pay scale point 15-19 depending on experience and qualifications.
Requirements: The Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer will work from home with attendance at Council Meetings and possible informal meetings of the Council such as village inspections. Currently all meetings are held via Zoom but will be held at Faldingworth Village Hall once restrictions are lifted. Meetings generally take place bi-monthly, currently on the third Wednesday of the month.
The Clerk to the Council will be the Proper Officer of the Council and as such, is under a statutory duty to carry out all the functions required by law of a local authority’s Proper Officer.
The Clerk will :
– be responsible for ensuring that the instructions of the Council with regard to its function as a Local Authority are carried out.
– be accountable to the Council for the effective management of all its resources and will report to them as and when required.
– be responsible for all the financial records of the Council and the careful administration of its finances, including own payroll and VAT.
– maintain and update the Parish Council website.
The successful candidate is required to be self-motivated, highly organised and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They should also be competent in administration, I.T. and financial management. Candidates should hold the CiLCA qualification or being willing to work towards achieving this.
Applications by letter with a supporting CV should be sent to Cllr W Green (Acting Clerk), The Limes, High Street, Faldingworth, Market Rasen Lincs, LN8 3SE or by email to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is 30th April 2021 – Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing 7th May and may be held via Zoom, subject to Coronavirus restrictions.
More information about the Parish Council can be found on our website website: https://faldingworth.parish.lincolnshire.gov.uk
For more information, including a full job description, please either go to the website or contact the Acting Clerk
We are sometimes asked by our neighbouring County Associations and other agencies to advertise vacancies, as we do have some clerks who are interested in taking on additional parishes and working ‘cross-border’.