CURRENT VACANCIES –
NORTH HYKEHAM TOWN COUNCIL – Require a Town Clerk/RFO
North Hykeham is a lively and developing town of around 18,000 residents adjacent to the City of Lincoln. The Town Council is very active in the community and has a particular commitment to outdoor spaces. There is a team of 7 service staff to manage the facilities of the Town Council and an additional 3 office staff to assist the Town Clerk.
The Town Council has modern offices and 3 years ago completed a £750,000 community hub development. The Council’s systems are fully computerised and all Councillors have access to Council owned laptops for information and use.
A new Town Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer is required because the current Town Clerk is retiring. We expect the new Clerk to be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a thorough grounding in looking after staff and facilities. We are looking for an energetic, confident yet caring Clerk who will also have good financial management and IT skills.
Although we recognise that the ideal skill set, we require may reside with an existing or Deputy Town Clerk, we are keen to open this role to a wider group of professional people with the relevant skills.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The initial salary level will be SCP 36 and this equates to a pro rata salary of £38813 per annum, 37 hrs per week, but this level will not be a barrier to an outstanding candidate. We may consider a part time role for a suitable applicant.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th July 2020 – Interview date: To be confirmed, preliminarily it is hoped that this will take place mid-August 2020
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and further details. CV’s and supporting information will be welcomed with completed applications.
FULBECK PARISH COUNCIL –Vacancy for Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Fulbeck Parish Council is looking for a suitable candidate for the vacancy of Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer.
- Liaising with the Chairperson to draw up and publicise the agenda
- Take notes of meetings to be written up as minutes
- Advise the Parish Council on legal, procedural, technical and financial aspects
- Receive and respond to correspondence
- Ensure obligations of risk assessments are met
- The maintenance of the Parish Council accounting records
- Present financial reports and to monitor budget and fund balances
- Ensure invoices are paid and payments banked
- Complete and balance end of year accounts
- Produce accounts for internal and external audits
- Manage payroll submissions, tax, National Insurance and VAT returns
- Manage insurances
- Ability to work flexible hours including attending evening meetings
- Access to the internet. Laptop and printer/scanner provided
Hours: approximately 3 hours a week/ Salary: LC1 Spinal column point 22. Pay award pending
Closing Date: 19th July 2020 – Commencement date: 10th August 2020
For further information please contact the Chairperson, Cllr Simon Caunt On 07850 187875
We are sometimes asked by our neighbouring County Associations and other agencies to advertise vacancies, as we do have some clerks who are interested in taking on additional parishes and working ‘cross-border’.