Revised Furlough Leave – 2nd November 2020
Revised Furlough Leave
2nd November 2020
- The Job Support Scheme has been suspended until the start of December; possibly later.
- Workers, including Employees and Agency Workers, can now be placed on Furlough Leave.
- It is not necessary for a worker to have previously been placed on Furlough Leave.
- The new Furlough Scheme is the same version as August 2020; the Govt pays 80% of the workers’ wages, the Employee pays the 13.8% Employers’ NI and also pension contributions.
- Workers can be either full time or flexi Furloughed, and need to sign an appropriate agreement; see attached.
- Workers can take leave during this period.
- Employers can force workers to take leave during this period, as long as twice as much notice is given as the amount of holiday taken.
- All leave must be paid at 100%.
- Furlough Leave can be used for workers who are working their notice, but it must be paid at 100% of their contractual rate of pay.
Chris Moses LLM Chartered FCIPD
Personnel Advice and Solutions Ltd
Tel: 01529 305056
Published research can be viewed at https://ssrn.com/author=2701127